Monday, January 3, 2011

Banana Leaf Rice @ Ravi's

It's been four years since I last had Banana Leaf Rice and I was glad that I had it at Ravi's on 32 Square PJ where I met up with a few of my high school buddies before I headed back to Toronto for the holidays. Not knowing what to order I left it to my friends as I sat and waited to gorge on the food.


Banana Leaf Rice
Banana Leaf Rice
Unlimited servings of rice with Bean Sprouts, Long Beans, Fresh Cucumbers and Papadum. Top the White Rice with a combination of Chicken and Fish Curry the result is sinfully delcious gravy on rice.


Mutton Curry
Mutton Curry
I found it a bit too spicy but some how I can't stop having more of it. The Mutton was chewy in texture but it was really good!



Fried Calamari
Fried Calamari
This was delicious! The Calamari was very crispy but tender. I really liked the batter which had a good combination of spices and was sweet.


Curry Fish Head
Curry Fish Head
The Fish Head was very meaty and was good with the rich Curry that was on the sour side from the lime and tomatoes.


Fried Fish Eggs
Fried Fish Eggs
Initially I was a little put off by the looks. But having a bite I couldn't care less anymore. The Fish Eggs had a very crunchy texture from the batter and was very soft inside. The batter similar to the Calamari was sweet but somehow it went well with the Fish Eggs.


Tandoori Chicken
Tandoori Chicken
The Tandoori Chicken was tender. The flavor of the marinade and Charcoal Flavor wasn't as strong.


I did not realized how much I've missed Indian Food till Ravi's. I haven't had much Banana Leaf Rice in my entire life but for me Ravi's serves up some mean South Indian Food especially their Fried Calamari and Fried Fish Eggs. Great friends and excellent food what a way to end my 2010 in KL. I'll definitely make it a point to visit more Indian Restaurants in 2011!

Food: 4.5/5
Ambiance: 3/5
Service: 4/5
Price: $ (Under USD $10 per person)

Contact Information
Address: 3 Two Square 2 Jalan 19/1, 46300 Petaling Jaya
Tel: N/A
Map:

View Larger Map

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just came back from Ravi's. Found it was OK OK only. Check out tghis restaurant called Sam's Kitchen in Taman Maluri. You will love it bro!