Sunday, August 21, 2011

Comfort Food @ Dave's Cafe, One Utama

I've eaten at every major Restaurant in One Utama and frequent restaurants like Sushi Zanmai, Kura, Delicious, Grand Imperial and Canton-I whenever I'm back in KL. But Dave's Cafe is one place that I have never eaten in despite being opened for more than 5 years in One Utama. I've always avoided Dave's because of it's Dark Decor which in my opinion doesn't really suit its open concept dining area, but at my brother's insistence we went there for dinner.

The menu features a number of typical Comfort Food Dishes such as Creamy Pastas, Soups, Salads and Pizzas with an emphasis on using Pork as an ingredient in many of its dishes.


Seafood Bisque
Seafood Chowder
Kristina had this as her Appetizer. The Soup's portion was generous with chunks of Mussels, Squid, Prawns and Scallops.


Ox-Tail Soup
Ox-Tail Soup
This was delicious! The soup was rich, creamy and flavorful with the Ox-Tail Meat falling off the bone. I loved the use of Fried Shallots which added an extra depth in flavor to the soup.


Seafood Carbonara
Seafood Carbonara
The Seafood Carbonara was really creamy and the pasta was cooked Al Dente. The generous servings of Seafood was also done just right


Bacon and Mushroom Carbonara
Mix Seafood Carbonara
Like the Seafood Carbonara this was also really creamy and the pasta was done Al Dente. Once could definitely taste the smokiness of the Bacon and earthy flavors of the Button Mushrooms.


The Whole Love: Dave's Signature Honey Cured Ham with Mayo, Aussie and 4 Cheeses Pizza
Duo Pizza
The Whole Lot allowed us to customize 3 different toppings of our choice. The crust of the Pizza reminded me of Flammkuchen. It was light and very crispy and went really well with Dave's Signature Honey Cured Ham with Mayo.


Everything I had at Dave's was good! I can't believe I've always avoided it since it opened in One Utama. It'll definitely be a place I'll dine in more often whenever I'm in One Utama.

Food: 4.5/5
Service: 4/5
Ambiance: 3/5
Price: $$ (Approximately USD $20 per person)


Contact Information
Address: 1 Utama Shopping Centre 1 Lebuh Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Bandar Utama
Tel: 6-03-7726-9490
Web: www.davesdeli.com.my‎
Map:

View Larger Map

3 comments:

Nikel Khor said...

Like this Seafood Bisque

kuromeowiie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Kwong,
Thank you very much for the kind review. We are glad that you had a wonderful experience at Dave's. Reviews like yours really makes all the hard work worthwhile.
Thank you and we hope to see you again soon :) Also, do check out our FB page www.facebook.com/daves.malaysia for more updates.

Cheers from the Dave's Bistro Bar & Grill team.