Saturday, April 7, 2012

Prixe Fix Menu @ Winchester Kitchen and Bar

This post may come late after losing the photos on my own iPhone only to have it sent to me by my friend on his camera 4 months later. I celebrated my 2011 New Year's Eve Dinner at Winchester Kitchen and Bar in Toronto where we managed to make a last minute reservation via Open Table. The restaurant only offered a prixe-fix menu which we all had.

Amouse Bouche
Amouse Bouche


Course #1: Duck and Mushroom Consomme
Mushroom and Duck Consomme
This was Sam's appetizer. The Consomme was too bland for his liking

Course #1: Raviolo
Raviolo
Robin and Jason had this and it wasn't very good. The Raviolo skin was way too tough and chewy

Course #1: Smoked Trout
Smoked Trout
This was my appetizer course. The Smoked Trout had a nice salty flavor that went well with the Honey Mustard Dressing and Rocket Leaves.

Course # 2: Beef Tenderloin with Foie Gras Terrine
Beef Tenderloin with Foie Gras Terrine
We all had the Beef Tenderloin. The Tenderloin was cooked to a perfect Medium and had a nice charred flavor. The Foie Gras Terrine gave it a richer flavor but Jason felt it should have been served hot instead of cold.


Dessert: Panna Cotta
Panna Cotta
This was my dessert. The Panna Cotta had a nice light texture and was really good.


Dessert: Chocolate Tart
Chocolate Tart
Robin ordered this. The crust was very dense and tasted almost like a Frozen Store bought dessert.


Dessert: Cheese Cake
Cheese Cake
This was Sam's dessert. I did not try it because I was too full.


Food: 3.5/5
Ambiance: 3.5/5
Service: 4/5
Price: N/A (I forgot what the price was)


Contact Information
Address: 51 Winchester Street, Toronto, ON M4X 1A8
Tel: (416) 323-0051 ‎
Web: www.winchesterkitchen.com
Map:

View Larger Map









No comments: