Monday, December 10, 2012

Chicken and Rice @ 53rd and 6th Halal Cart, NYC

My most memorable meal in NYC during my last visit to NYC was Chicken and Lamb Gyro Rice that was right outside the Sheraton Times Square Hotel. It wasn't something my friend and I planned on eating but we had it twice during our 4 day trip.

Chicken and Rice was listed first on my to-do-list during my second trip to NYC and this time round I had it at the Halal Cart on 53rd Street and 6th Avenue.

Untitled

The Halal Cart on 53rd and 6th is by far the most famous Chicken and Rice Cart in Manhattan drawing locals and tourists from all over the world. There was a lineup when we arrived but it didn't take long before it was our turn to be served.

Chicken and Rice

I chose the Chicken and Lamb Rice that was served with their secret "White Sauce" and Hot Sauce. Every single ingredient was strong in flavor but yet they melded so well together. The turmeric and spices from the meat to their Hot Sauce that is mellowed down by their famous White Sauce the meal was really satisfying especially when eaten outside in the cold weather. What a way to start my 4 day trip in NYC :)

Chicken and Lamb Rice


Food: 4.6/5
Service: N/A
Ambiance: N/A
Price: $ (Under USD $10 per person)


Contact Information
Address: 6th Ave & W 53rd St New York, NY 10019
Tel: N/A
Web: http://www.53rdand6th.com

No comments: