Saturday, June 6, 2009

Breakfast in Le Meridien Bangkok

My business travels take me back to my favorite city Bangkok! I'm here only for a couple of days and decided to stay at Starwood Hotels latest property Le Meridien Bangkok. Being an SPG platinum member I was given a complimentary breakfast at their restaurant "Latest Recipe" which is currently serving up some signature creations from Michelin-Star Chef Jean Georges Vongerichten (JGV).

Restaurant "Latest Recipe"

The first thing I noticed about Latest Recipe is the chic decor. The restaurant made one feel as if we're eating in a futuristic restaurant with a zen-like ambiance.

Cereal Bar

Bread Station

Prosciutto

Even the buffet spread was nicely presented. There were live cooking stations for Thai Soup Noodles, Waffles, Crepes and JGV's signature breakfast creations. They're cold-cut and salad bar features an entire Parma Ham that is shaved to order.

Meat Loaf

Snapping all the shots of the different stations made me really hungry and I tried as much food as I could. There were quite a few dishes that I enjoyed. The smoked salmon and meat loaf with apricot sauce was really good! The smoked salmon melts in your mouth and the meat loaf had a nice meaty texture that is complemented with the apricot glaze.

Poached Egg and Smoked Salmon on a Baguette

A JGV signature dish I really enjoyed was the toasted baguette topped with poached egg and smoked salmon. The crunchy baguette highlights the soft runny texture of the egg yolk and the delicateness of the smoked salmon.

Waffle

The waffle was another favorite. It was light and fluffy on the inside and crunchy outside. I topped mine with some blue-berry compote and maple syrup.

Yoghurt Ice Cream with Mixed Berries

Last but definitely not least was their Yoghurt Ice Cream with Frozen Mixed Berries. The ice cream was creamy and had a hint of lime. A refreshing way to end my breakfast.



Contact Information:

Address: 40/5 Surawong Road, Bangrak, Bangkok, 10500 Thailand
Tel: +6622328888

No comments: