Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Oktoberfest! @ Munich

After Frankfurt I stopped by Munich to meet my friend for Oktoberfest. Despite being my 4th visit to Germany in the past 3 years, this is actually my first time attending it.



After three consecutive days of Oktoberfest I can definitely assure you that this event caters to both adults and children and it is an event that anyone should go at least once in their life.



Oktoberfest to me is a very large fun fair that serves a lot of alcohol. There were many rides ranging from roller coasters, merry-go-round and games where you can win prizes.




And when it comes to food you can't get anymore German than this. Every major Bavarian Brewery had their large tents setup serving a wide variety of Bayerisch dishes such as Schweinebraten (Roast Pork), Schweinehaxe (Pork Knuckle) and Roast Chicken to be washed down with beer!




There were also a large number of stores selling snacks ranging from chocolate coated fruits, ginger cookies, ice cream, caramel coated nuts, waffles, knoddle, pretzels, sandwiches and a wide variety of German Desserts.






Read on my following posts as I sample some of the food and snacks at Oktoberfest!

Oh and if you'd like to see more photos from this set please visit my Flickr Set

No comments: