Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Brunch @ Hilton Suites Markham

I love Sundays. It is the only time I get some rest and meet up with family and friends over brunch! I have not had a Sunday Brunch Buffet in Toronto for over three years and decided to try one with my friends at the Hilton Suites in Markham.

I must admit I was never a fan of buffets in Canada except for Hotpot and Japanese. The normal buffet chains like Mandarin tend to offer low quality food for mass consumption.

For CAD $35 per person Hilton tries to bring their food up a notch by offering a higher quality but limited spread. Cold selections included salads, smoked salmon, cold cuts, crab legs, mussels and prawns.

Pastrami and Ham
Smoked Fish
Assorted Cold Cut
Pasta and Salad
Assorted Cold Platter
Smoked Salmon
Salad, Crab King

The hot section included typical brunch dishes such as Eggs Benedict, French Toast, Bacon and Ham. Roast leg of lamb, chicken with mushroom sauce and fish with mango salsa were also part of the selection. My favorite however was the grill station which included a very nice Prime Rib Roast and an egg station where you could order your eggs cooked in whatever way you please. The prime rib was tender and was very well seasoned.

Prime Rib Roast
Prime Rib, Eggs Benedict,
French Toast, Smoked Salmon, Roast Fish,
Prime Rib Roast
Prime Rib, Eggs Benedict,
French Toast, Smoked Salmon, Roast Fish,


For desserts there was a wide selection of cakes and most of the one's I tried were excellent. My favorite was definitely the hazelnut mousse cake whose mousse was light in texture but yet very rich in flavor. Their freshly prepared waffles were also quite good. Despite not being very crispy it was very light and fluffy.







Dessert Plate
Waffles

For CAD $35 it is definitely much more expensive than the other buffet chains in Toronto. However the only thing I feel that sets this apart from the other buffets are the desserts. Therefore I highly suggest that people come for their High-Tea Buffet which is cheaper than their Brunch Buffet.


Contact Information:
Address: 8500 Warden Avenue, Markham
Tel: (905) 470-8500

No comments: