Thursday, November 19, 2009

More Japanese @ Hana-bi

That's right... You guys must have figured by now that I seem to love Japanese Food. My love for Japanese Cuisine can be attributed to two things. The first is the simplicity of the food which allows the main ingredient to speak for itself. The second reason, it is healthy if you avoid all their fried items and fusion rolls that doused in mayo.

Like my love for Japanese Food I've also been frequenting First Markham Place. Over the last ten days Hana-bi is my fourth restaurant that I have eaten at FMP.

Restaurant Entrance

Like most Japanese Restaurants around this area Hana-bi's strength is not in the quality of it's food but rather it's value. Salmon lovers can order a lb of Salmon Sashimi for approximately CAD $15. Furthermore because it is operated by Koreans one could also get some typical Korean Food like Bulgolgi and also complimentary side dishes such as salad, noodles and hand rolls.

Green Salad
Complimentary Noodles in soup
Chef's Complimentary Handroll

Tonight I ordered my usual of a Small Sashimi Moriawase which was quite good compared to other restaurants of its class.

Sashimi Moriawase

In addition, I also had a plate of chicken teriyaki which wasn't very good. It was basically sliced skinless chicken breast that is grilled with some teriyaki sauce poured over it. I much prefer Chicken Teriyaki to be dark meat with the skin grilled to a crisp texture just like the ones served at Akina.

Chicken Teriyaki

Kazu had a Tempura Bento Box which came with Gyoza, Sashimi, California and Spicy Salmon Maki.

Sashimi and Tempura Bento Box

Last but not least we were also given a complimentary green tea ice cream. Our meal came up to CAD $55 including tips and taxes.

Green Tea Ice Cream

Contact Information
Address: 3255 Hwy 7, Markham, ON L3R, Canada
Tel: (905) 948-9666

No comments: