Thursday, November 5, 2009

Vietnamese @ Vietnam Noodle Star

I'm finally back in Toronto after three months. It's late October and the weather is looking miserable. Gloomy and cold all I could think of was a bowl of Pho at Vietnam Noodle Star.

Restaurant Entrance

I ordered the Beef Combination Pho which came with raw beef, beef brisket, beef tendon, beef tripe and beef balls. The soup was quite aromatic and the raw beef and brisket was so soft and flavorful from the marbling.

Beef Combination Pho

I also ordered a plate of Vietnamese Rice Paper Roll which wasn't very good. The skin was rubbery and there was only one small piece of prawn wrapped inside.

Steam Rice Paper Roll

Wayne ordered Pho in a satay-flavored soup while Ray ordered Deep Fried Chicken Fillet with Rice.

Beef Combination Noodles in Satay Soup Base

Fried Chicken Fillet with Rice

I really enjoyed my meal today. It was very satisfying to have a warm and hearty bowl of beef noodle soup during a cold day. The meal for the 3 of us came up to $25 including tips and taxes.


Contact Information:
Address: 4188 Finch Avenue East, Scarborough, ON M1S 4T6, Canada
Tel: +1 (416) 609-9796

No comments: