Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Afternoon Tea @ Harrods

I can't recall when was the last time I had afternoon tea, so when Mike asked if we would could go for one I agreed. Being a favorite English past time, we decided to have our tea at Harrods, the famous department store in Knightsbridge that has opened up their second branch in Malaysia at KLCC.

P1010284

The dining room at Harrods maybe small but it certainly feels classy and posh with white linen tables and beautiful tableware. Even the napkins were folded nicely and had their insignia on it.

P1010290
P1010286

We ordered their Afternoon Tea set for two at RM120 which included four scones, assorted cakes, finger sandwiches and our choice of tea.

Our Tea Spread
Cake Selection
Finger Sandwiches

Our favorite was definitely their warm buttery delicious scones. The scones had a nice crust and was so fluffy and crumbly when you tear it apart to spread the delicious Devonshire Cream and Jam. We loved it so much we wanted to order a dozen of them to go.

Scones
Devonshire Cream, Blueberry Jam and Strawberry Jam

The tea was also fantastic. Teabags are not used as my pot of tea was steeped in loose leaves that are then filtered through a really bling looking tea strainer when pouring it into my cup.

Milk and Sugar
My Tea: Harrods Blend

Overall this was definitely an experience for me. I thought it was going to be cheesy at first but it actually turned out to be quite relaxing as Mike, Kim and I enjoyed the view of the park while sipping our tea and gobbling up those delicious scones.

Mike Eating a Scone
City View

Contact Information
Address: Lot No. 137 First Floor Suria KLCC, Kuala Lumpur
Tel: N/A

No comments: