Sunday, March 18, 2012

Delicious Steaks @ Jake's Charbroil Steaks

I love steaks but tend to avoid them whenever I'm in KL due to the lack of proper steakhouses in
the city. When I mean proper I mean steaks that are served in a minimum size of 8oz and above and boast using prime cuts that require little dress-up.

This all changed when a friend took us to his favorite local Steakhouse called Jake's Charbroil Steaks. Unlike North American Style Steaks that are usually broiled with a simple blend of spices (usually salt and pepper) and Butter, Jakes is known for serving marinated steaks.


Cheese Tacos
Cheese Tacos
The Tacos were topped with some seriously good Ground Beef that had a really meaty flavor with melted cheese on top. We loved it so much we ordered two plates to share.


Ox-Tail Soup
The Station - Master’s Choice (Oxtail Soup)
Their Ox-Tail Soup was similar to Dave's. It was rich and creamy but was not as flavorful as Dave's rendition.


Wagyu Porterhouse Steak
Wagyu Porter House Steak
This was Jake's most expensive cut of steak that weighs 24oz bone-in. The steak was melt in your mouth tender and the flavor from the marinade really complemented the meatiness of the steak. I don't know what they put inside the marinade but one thing's for sure it had Soy-Sauce.


Black Angus Tenderloin
Black Angus Tenderloin


Baked Apple Pie
Apple Pie
The Apple pie was so-so in my opinion. The Pie-Shell was a little soggy for my liking.


I was surprised at how good marinated steaks are! As of now Jakes stands as one of the most memorable steakhouses I've visited that comes close to my all-time favorite Giby's in Montreal.


Food: 4.5/5
Service: 4/5
Ambiance: 3.5/5
Price: $$$$$ (Approximately USD $50 per person)


Contact Information
Address: 21 Jalan Setiapuspa, Medan Damansara,
50490 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-2094 5677, Fax: 03-2092 2894
Web: www.jakes.com.my/
Map:

View Larger Map

No comments: