Sunday, November 15, 2009

Quality Japanese Food @ Inatei

A week ago Ray asked me if there was any good Japanese Restaurants around Thornhill and Richmond Hill and I told him no. Most of the restaurants I know are usually Korean owned and tended to serve a mix of Korean and Japanese Food that focuses on value rather than quality.

This all changed when I went for dinner with Aunt Cindy who introduced me to newly opened Japanese Restaurant called Inatei. Located right opposite Holiday Inn Express on Leslie and HWY7 Inatei focuses on serving the freshest fish and seafood that is flown in weekly.

Knowing the chef has its perks as Aunty Cindy asked him to prepare our dinner based on what was fresh.

Sea Urchin (Uni)
Live Sea Urchin (Uni)
This was very good Uni. It was smooth, creamy and tasted like the ocean. It did not have the fishy taste that is usually associated with it


Air Flown: Aji Fish
Air-Flown Aji Fish
A beautifully plated dish. The Aji fish was served two ways: Sashimi and minced with some scallions. It was very fresh and had a nice bouncy texture. It tasted like milder version of mackerel


Soup made from Aji Fish Bones
Aji Fish Bone Soup
Shiitake Mushrooms, Enoki Mushrooms, Tofu, Cabbage and Glass Noodles were all boiled together with the Aji Fish Bone to make this hearty broth


Live Scallop Sashimi
Live Scallop Sashimi
This was my favorite. The scallops were very sweet and the roe was smoked a draw out it's flavor


Sushi Moriawase
Sushi Moriawase
The sushi was very good. I prefer mine to have more fish and less rice which is exactly what was served here


Sashimi Moriawase
Sashimi Moriawase
The sashimi was really fresh. The only thing I wished for was for the slices to be a little thicker


Tofu Pudding with Red Beans
Dessert: Tofu Pudding with Red Bean
They were going to serve ice cream but replaced it with this dessert when I did not want the ice cream. The tofu was silky smooth and soft almost like a custard texture. I really enjoyed this dessert.


The meal was very good and I am glad there is finally a Japanese Restaurant that focuses on quality rather than value. The high quality does come at a price. Our entire meal cost us CAD $150 including tips and taxes for three people.

Contact Information
Address: 9021 Leslie Street Richmond Hill, ON L4B 0B2, Canada
Tel: (905) 881-9500

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Look at that plate of sushi! I wouldn't mind that right now.. haha.