Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fumi Japanese Restaurant (Bangkok Day 2)

After work my cousin and I headed to Siam Paragon for some shopping and Japanese food. We wanted to eat at Fuji but since it was packed we headed next door to Fumi.

Fumi

Fumi was having a special offer on Tuna dishes. We ordered the with the Tuna Collar. The tuna collar did not have the same texture as the usual tuna sashimi. It is a little chewier in texture resembling something like pork neck. I really enjoyed the texture

Grilled Tuna Collar

Sashimi came next but it wasn’t as fresh as I had hoped. The salmon was a little limp and the shrimp had a fishy taste.

Sashimi Moriawase

For vegetables we ordered a Beef Tataki Salad.

Beef Tataki Salad

I also ordered Hamachi Kama. The Hamachi was seasoned right and was quite moist. I just wished the skin was charred a little bit more to give it a nice crispy texture.

Hamachi Kama

Ken ordered the Wafu Hamburg Steak which came in a pan. It is basically grounded beef patty that is dressed with gravy. The patty had a nice amount of fat and was very soft and moist.

Wafu Hamburg Steak

Last but not least we also had Chicken Teriyaki. The skin wasn’t crispy and the sauce was a little too thick for my liking. I still think the best chicken teriyaki is at Akina where the chicken is grilled perfectly and the skin was very crispy.

Chicken Teriyaki

Overall Fumi’s food was not bad but there are much better Japanese chains and restaurants that I’ve tried in Bangkok

Contact Information:
Address: Siam Paragon (GF - Food Hall), 991, Rama 1 Rd, Pathum Wan, Pathum Wan, Bangkok, 10330
Tel: N/A

No comments: