Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve @ Lemon Garden Cafe, Shangri-la KL

To end 2009 with a delicious bang I had a tough task of finding a restaurant that would satisfy 14 people from Malaysia, Hong Kong, Indonesia and Canada. I finally settled on buffet since it has something for everyone and spent a week reviewing all the buffet offerings of various hotels and restaurants.

Of all the buffets I inquired Shangri-la sold me with items such as Foie Gras Fried Rice, Wagyu Beef Burgers, Grilled Tomahawk Steak, Lobsters, Hokkaido Scallops, Alaskan King Crab Legs, Caviar and a tonne of different cakes and desserts!

Lumpfish Caviar

Caviar Station

Smoked Salmon

Alaskan King Crab Legs

Lobsters

Fresh Oysters

Assorted Terrine

Salad Station

Mouth-watering as the menu sounded most of the food we had that night actually lived up to the hype. The layout of the buffet was lavish and the place was packed.

Roasted Tomahawk

Grilled Spiny Lobster

Salmon

Chicken Roulade

Risotto

Stir-Fry Beef

Choi Sum with Braised Sea Cucumber, Mushrooms and Abalone

Deep Fried Fish

As for me I definitely enjoyed the food but more importantly my family and friends who was able to come out that night and celebrate the end of 2009!

More Desserts

Beautiful Dessert Station

Chocolate Fountain

Cakes

My only wish for the New Year? To eat more but stay fit! Haha….

Contact Information:
Address: Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur, 11 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: (60 3) 2032 2388
Fax: (60 3) 2070 1514
Web: www.shangri-la.com/en/property/kualalumpur/shangrila

No comments: