Friday, April 30, 2010

Hong Kong Food @ Canton-I

Despite the many restaurant offerings in One Utama, Canton-I is the only restaurant that serves up Hong Kong Style food. Similar to its sister restaurant Dragon-I, the menu at Canton-I was packed with pictures of the various food offerings that included Assorted Roast Meats, Porridge, Noodles, HK Style Dishes and Dim Sum.

I had for myself some Beef Brisket with Wonton Noodles that was served dry. Different from Malaysian Wonton Noodles, HK Style Noodles are a little stringier and thinner in texture. The noodles here had a nice bite but the Beef Brisket was not tender enough.

Beef Brisket with Wonton Noodles


In addition to the noodles, I shared with Bolly a plate of Soy Chicken and Char Siew (Barbecue Pork). The Soy Chicken was decent but their Char Siew was good. It had a nice charred texture and was well caramelized and was full of flavor. This to me was definitely Malaysian Char Siew and not Hong Kong.

Soy Chicken and Char Siew (BBQ Pork)


For vegetables I ordered Yun Choi with Superior Stock. The stock contained quite a bit of century eggs and egg whites which went well with the soft Yun Choi.

Yun Choi in Superior Stock


Bolly had for himself a bowl of Wonton Noodles with Fish Balls which I was too full to try.

Fish Ball Noodle Soup


For dessert we had a Steam Egg-Yolk Custard Bun. The best I had was in Toronto at Seafood Restaurant but the one at Canton-I definitely comes close. The warm Egg-Yolk Custard was oozing out from the bun and had a nice buttery and eggy flavor that wasn't too sweet. One could also taste some of the egg yolk chunks for added texture.

Egg Custard Bun


It's been quite a while since I had some Hong Kong Style Wonton Noodles and Roast and Canton-I's food was quite good. My parents paid for the meal that day and so I was clueless as to how much it cost.

Food: 3.5/5
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 3.5/5
Price: N/A

Contact Information
G-208, Second Floor, 1 Utama Shopping Centre, Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya
Tel: +603- 77297888

No comments: